Both are comparable as far as looks; size is less than 5″, weight-2 pounds, and both have a 2″ preview window. Both run either on rechargeable batteries or can be plugged in with the power cord, which allows total flexibility for taking it to crops, vacation, etc.! Both take the same design cards and are offered in blue or pink!
With the Slice, you can select from thousands of high-style images and instantly convert them into die-cuts up to 8 sizes ranging between 1/2 inch and 4 inch tall.
The Slice Elite has a hardware upgrade which allows the ELITE to cut more precise, 40% faster and twice as deep. Cut textured cardstock, vellum, vinyl, acetate, foam sheets, thin metal sheets and photos up to 1mm thick. Cut 1 inch to 4 inch designs in 1/2 inch increments anywhere on any size media.
WHY CHOOSE THE SLICE OR SLICE ELITE, you might ask?
1. Because it’s on-the-go just like you. Weighing less than two pounds, this 5″ square wonder goes everywhere you go. And because it’s cordless you can cut anywhere on any size media.
2. Because you can easily do it all at the touch of a button. Just insert a design card, select a shape from the friendly graphic interface and watch it work its magic.
3. Because the designs you desire come from one place. Enjoy Making Memories’ top-notch designs including the popular styles of the Noteworthy and Animal Crackers programs. Cut your favorite designs in one-to four-inch increments to compliment projects both large and small.
SLICE CUTTING CAPABILITIES:
The Slice is designed to cut through media in varying thicknesses including:
- Textured paper
- Textured cardstock
- Photos (up to .5mm thick)
- And Acetate
SLICE DESIGN CARD FEATURES:
- Design cards expand the Slice shape offerings many times over, and are currently available in four themes including Basic Shapes I, Basic Shapes II, Basic Shapes III, Noteworthy and Animal Crackers.
- Includes equivalent of thousands of design cuts including: Upper & lower case alphabets
…..and much much more! All in our store!
I hope that you will also watch the video on the Slice Elite! Just click on the “More Details” button of the Slice Elite Cordless Digital Design Cutter and scroll down to the video!
Thanks and Happy Scrappin’!