My Echo Park St. Patrick’s Day cards were pretty much completely made from the Echo Park St Patrick’s Day Mini Theme Collection. This mini theme collection kit is just the right amount of St. Patrick’s day items to make a 6 scrapbook pages or numerous cards. With St. Patty’s fast approaching I have made this set of cards using this collection and a foil over technique to color my shamrocks.
Start with cutting 2 of the journaling cards included in the kit to use as my background image. Next, using one of the 12×12 double sided papers I used the Silhouette Cameo to cut the clovers using file “3D Bunch of clovers” from Jamie Lane Designs.
Setting 1 pair clovers aside for one card we are going to “foil” one of the clovers. You can do this with glitter, but I am using glitter color sprays. Step one is to spray your clover with the bright green, let dry for 15-20 seconds. Next spray with your gold glitter, while the spray is still wet using a tissue paper dab over to show some of the green. Let the clover dry before using to prevent smudging.
Now to put everything together:
1.Emboss journaling card using Spellbinders 3D M-Bossabilities European Tapestry folder.
2. Glue non-foil clover to top corner of card
3. Glue foiled clover slightly over the first clover.
4. Place ribbon across the stem of the foiled clover.
5. Using the “Irish” sticker from stickers in collection
6. Using the stickers spell “SPD” and place at bottom of card.
1. Trim shamrock journaling card so the card shows in back.
2. Using larger clover glue on the center of the white shamrock.
3. Layer the second clover to give the card dimension.
4. Place green pear on center of clovers.
5. Using stickers spell” GOLD” at the bottom of card.
These cards are ready to be sent out, and still plenty of St. Patrick’s Day paper goodies left to play with. These cards would be perfect paired with a baggie full of gold coins or rainbow colored candy. Please enjoy this step-by-step video!
Echo Park Mini Theme St. Patrick’s Day Collection
Spellbinders 3D M-Bossabilities European Tapestry
Glitter Sprays in green and gold
Thanks and Happy Scrappin’!